The 1347 Silicon Fuzz. Built exclusively for Mass Street Music the 1347 is a Mythos homage to those round blue fuzzes that graced stages and studios in the late 1960's. The 1347 takes that classic two transistor fuzz box and puts the Mythos spin on. Mythos has tightened up the low end so that it will play well with a variety of guitar pickups, tweaked the gain so there is plenty of output and a wider range of gain from the fuzz pot and chosen a specific pair of transistors and bias pot to allow for a multitude of fuzz tones.
Inside this fuzz are two NOS PN2396A Transistors that are relatively low gain but hand measured and chosen for their specific position to give you all the gnarly fuzz tones while allowing for a remarkable cleanup that doesn't get as thin as some other pedals of this type. The voicing is somewhere between what you'd expect from a germanium and silicon fuzz and it stacks well with a driven amp or a dirt pedal after it.
The signal path features high quality WIMA & Nichicon Audio grade caps as well as new production Carbon Comp resistors for tight tolerances and low noise. On the underside of the PCB Mythos has gone to great lengths to reduce noise and keep this pedal as stable as possible.
- Blue Hammertone finish with Iridescent Rainbow Sparkle Top Coat (it’s insane looking in real life!)
- Stacks great with overdrive pedals
- Tighter less boomy low end for more focused sound
- Classic glassy clean up
- Hand matched silicon transistors
- Internal Bias trimmer with test points
- Quality through hole components
- True Bypass switching
- Enclosure size: 4.70” x 3.70” x 1.39”